Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I have to register in advance to join the event?
No, advance registration is not necessary. Just join by clicking on the session link for that particular event.
2. Do I have to be an APNIC Member to join the meetings?
No! Everyone with an interest in Internet operations is welcome and the events are free.
3. Can I attend any of the events or is it only for members of the NOGs in that region?
You can attend any or all of the events, from wherever you are around the world. Everyone with an interest in Internet operations is welcome.
4. How do I participate?
The NFH events will be broadcast using Zoom. There’s a lot more information on the Participate page about this, and links to help for using Zoom if you are unfamiliar with it.
5. I have something I’d like to present. How can I make a submission to the program committee?
Great! Please visit the Call for Papers and read through the submission guidelines. You can make a submission directly from this page or contact the Program Committee for more information.
6. How do I find out what topics will be discussed?
Each event will have a program published in advance – just click on the event you wish to attend. Because timings are tight, the program may not be final until a few days before the event, however if you’re interested in topics such as:
- IP core network routing, switching and operations
- IPv6 deployment and transition technologies
- Access and transport networks including Cable/DSL, LTE/5G, wireless, metro ethernet, fibre, segment routing
- Network security
- Software defined networking, network function virtualization and network automation
- DNS and DNSSEC
- Routing security and RPKI
- IXPs and Peering
- Internet of Things (IoT) architectures, standards, services, security, addressability, and manageability
- Research on Internet operations and deployment
…then you are unlikely to be disappointed!
7. How do I get one of those cool NFH t-shirts?
Each of the NOGs in the region may have a few spare shirts, but the best way to get your hands on one is to watch APNIC’s Twitter and Facebook for competitions around each event. There will be 20 shirts available to win at each event.
If you have any other questions, get in touch with the organizing team at email@example.com.